https://www.facebook.com/Mauro-Ardila-726692594097559/

fanpage

lunes, 25 de abril de 2016

Rio 2016: Team GB swimmer Aimee Willmott intends to justify selection

Aimee Willmott
Aimee Willmott's 400m individual medley personal best is four minutes 33.01 seconds.
Swimmer Aimee Willmott says she will not be satisfied with simply making up the numbers after being included in the Team GB squad for the Rio Olympics.
The 23-year-old finished second behind Hannah Miley in the 400m individual medley at the British Championships, but her consideration time of four mins 35.52 secs earned her selection.
"Swimming's my job and you don't expect to go along for the ride," she said.
"I need to earn my position and show everyone why I've been picked."
Willmott, from Middlesbrough, came fifth in the heats and missed out on a place in the 400m individual medley final at London 2012, but won silver in the event and the 200m butterfly at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
She told BBC Tees, "It's a huge honour to be picked for my second Olympics and now I know I'm definitely going, I'm going to put the hard work in and Rio will be here before I know it.
"Everyone is hungry to get in and do Team GB proud. The difference this time is everyone wants to swim well for GB rather than just be on the team."
Despite her main event being the 400m medley, the Teessider also won the 200m butterfly at the British Championships in Glasgow and wants to compete in that event in Rio.
Team GB have yet to formally nominate members of the 26-strong squad for specific events.
"I proved by winning the 200m butterfly that I am the fastest person in Britain at the moment on that event and it would be great for me to be picked for it and I would love to do it," Willmott continued.
"If I can do a personal best time or get as close to that as possible in the Olympics or make a final or if I can give myself the best chance of getting on the medal podium, then I'll be happy with that."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario