https://www.facebook.com/Mauro-Ardila-726692594097559/

fanpage

martes, 5 de julio de 2016

Wimbledon 2016: Andy Murray wary of 'one of the best' Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Andy Murray (right) with coach Ivan Lendl
Ivan Lendl (left) has rejoined Murray's team for the grass-court season
Wimbledon on the BBC
Venue: All England Club Dates: 27 June-10 July
Live: Coverage across BBC TV, BBC Radio and BBC Sport website with more on Red Button, Connected TVs and app. Click for more details
Britain's Andy Murray says he needs to remain focused as he prepares to take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the men's quarter-finals at Wimbledon.
Second seed Murray has yet to drop a set at this year's tournament and the 2013 champion is the highest-seeded player remaining in the men's draw.
But the 29-year-old described Frenchman Tsonga as "one of the best grass-court players in the world".
"If he plays well, I'm not on my game, I can lose that match," said Murray.
Andy Murray
Murray, competing in his ninth consecutive Wimbledon quarter-final, has beaten Tsonga in 12 of their 14 encounters - twice at Wimbledon.
The Scot beat the 12th seed in the quarter-finals in 2010 and the semi-finals two years later, both in four sets.
"Both matches were hard," said the two-time Grand Slam champion.
Centre Court order of play (13:00 BST)
Roger Federer (Sui) [3] v Marin Cilic (Cro) [9]
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (Fra) [12] v Andy Murray (GBR) [2]
"A few of the sets came down to just a couple of points. I'm aware I'll have to be playing at my highest level to win.
"I think if I play the level I'm playing at just now, I give myself a chance in most matches.
"But the trick is to keep that up, to maintain that level for the whole two weeks. I've done a good job of it so far. I do feel like when I've needed to in the tournament, I have played some good tennis."

Murray playing 'better than anyone'

Murray has been impressive in this tournament - BBC pundit John McEnroe says the Briton is "playing better than anyone" - and for the first time in his career he is the highest seed remaining at a Grand Slam.
Great Britain Davis Cup captain Leon Smith says Murray is "playing his best tennis of his life", citing his improved second serve, net play, control from the baseline and mental focus.
But the Briton, who has lost only 34 games in four matches and served up one double fault, has refused to talk about his chances of winning a second Wimbledon title.
"When I was younger it was much more difficult to stop myself getting carried away with how I was playing or who I was playing," Murray said in his BBC Sport column.
"When I hadn't won a Grand Slam it was like, 'This is my chance. I might do it.' And then, if it didn't happen, I was gutted. Nowadays, I know how difficult these events are to win and I take nothing for granted any more." tomado de :http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/36715596

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario